Informational conference 2/08/16, at 2pm, in space 2129. Applications are now designed for summer 2016.
RCC is one of just three community universities in the nation to provide a summertime Study Abroad system at Cambridge University in England. More than 165 pupils have enrolled in this program since its founding in 1999.
Pupils possess unique experience of studying at one of several world’s oldest & most prestigious universities, residing on campus, and going to courses taught by Cambridge professors.
This two-week system provides programs in four places:
- Imaginative Writing
- English Literature
Students choose a location of study, and (with the aid of their Rockland guide) they select particular topic classes. The Cambridge professors determines understanding and conversation topics for each subject course; but pupils assist their RCC awards mentor to build up a program of reading and an investigation task.
In addition to their particular classes, students attend everyday plenary lectures and evening programs of poetry readings, lectures and concerts, and optional week-end excursions from Cambridge. Required written work includes two summary critiques submitted while in Cambridge, and a research report is finished upon come back to the usa.
The Cambridge University Plan functions:
- A two-week program at Cambridge University, UK, in July or August, depending upon classes opted for
- 4 honors credits from Rockland, readily transferable. Credits have actually transported from RCC to NYU, Cornell, Harvard, Barnard, and SUNY schools, amongst others.
- System expense includes tuition (Cambridge and RCC); solitary dormitory space; complete breakfast and dinner; night lectures, poetry readings, events. Does not include airfare.
- The Science class programs are not laboratory programs.
- The Cambridge Program is available to pupils that have a GPA of 3.0 or higher as well as 2 faculty guidelines.
- Cambridge pupils needs to be at least 18 years of age when they start their particular courses.
- Pupils not at Rockland can get all information via email.
- Scholarships are available only to students in M/TS Honors system who will be either coming back due to their second 12 months or finishing the Honors plan.
Annual schedule for potential students:
- Mid-October: Fall informational conference, in the RCC university
- Early February: Spring informational conference. Programs and charges for summer time tend to be established. Applications available for scholarships and Cambridge system
- Mid-February: Scholarship application due date
- Early March: Cambridge Program application (with non-refundable deposit) due date
- Mid-April: Balance of program cost due
- Mid-May: All documents provided to M/TS Honors
- Early-June: Pre-departure conference
Summertime Class, Cambridge Style
"I didn't know very well what to anticipate nonetheless it was much more than simply learning overseas, " stated RCC awards student Valissa Hicks, who went to the Shakespeare program in Cambridge in August 2013, along with "enough time of her life." If she could, she would do so once more, she stated. "I met some great individuals who i could now call my friends, with talented teachers which really made myself passionate about Shakespeare."