It is vital to observe that the News & Information workplace cannot offer blanket authorization for shooting on University and university premises.
Colleges and departments, including libraries and galleries, make their particular choices about permitting filming plus almost every case you need to get in touch with the appropriate individual at each spot you want to movie.
Before submitting a request to movie, please contemplate the following advice:
Do you want to film for a feature or documentary concerning the University of Oxford?
The headlines & Information Office may be able to supply some support but kindly bear in mind that we get numerous demands for this nature and not able to react positively to all or any of those.
The nature for the support we could supply differs, but we possibly may be able to help with, including, pinpointing whom you should contact to movie at various locations in the University, identifying ideal interviewees, or providing back ground briefing and information on Oxford University.
- the name of programme, including all about the station by which it's broadcast and audience figures
- a synopsis of or detail by detail info on the film
- just what and in which you would you like to movie – please be as specific as you can
- whom you want to movie in the University – inform us whether you want to speak with staff or students, and whether you have already identified whom you need film
- if the movie isn't exclusively about Oxford, kindly set out the way the Oxford section ties in towards programme overall
- preferred times for shooting and how long you estimate shooting needs
- amount of people when you look at the film crew
- when the film will undoubtedly be transmitted
Keep in mind that permission is certainly not usually given to movie at lectures or graduation ceremonies.
Kindly offer the maximum amount of notice as you are able to. Universities and departments takes time to think about your request, so you should not really expect becoming offered authorization to film with less than a week’s notice. Four weeks is preferable.
Companies deciding on movie on university premises must hold good public liability insurance.
All needs are susceptible to endorsement.
If you are given permission to film, the news headlines & Suggestions Office asks you inform united states if the movie will be transmitted and, wherever possible, offer united states with a duplicate of or url to the film.